Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange recovered, but still getting event id 929

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMac28nearly

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
GB
Ive ended up having perform a makeshift disaster recovery on an exchange 2000 box by getting the store remounted, then backing everything up to .pst and then import them back in to a new datatbase, as the customer had no backup and the database was corrupt.

One of the things I tried to do to fix the various errors we were having was to re install com+ and rebuild the library, re q381731. After this i did a re-install over the top of exchange and applied sp3

When we imported the .pst's however, we are still getting event id 929 every hour which says its a problem with inetinfo. One of the things I didnt do is re-install IIS at any point

Can anyone advise on the best course of action, as I beleive if I re-install IIS, I may have to remove and re-install exhchange, or can I just install over the top ?

Thanks

Andy

See:

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

Thanks marcs41

the exchange server is already on sp3 with the post sp3 rollup package as well, so the first 3 dont apply. The only one that may apply is the last link.

There are no obsolete DC's listed, and ive replicated between all the servers and everything seems fine, although nothing is logged in the event viewer

The actual process id is 1432

Thanks

Andy

Ive monitored the replication with the AD replication monitor also, and all was succesful

a little more info - there are 4 dc's of which 2 are Global Catalogues. The exchange server is not a Global Catalogue

Thanks

Andy

Can you post the complete Event entry please, maybe that points to something more accurate.
(Don't forget, we can only go with the info provided)

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
[/sub]

xmre, I already posted that, but Andy says he already did that?

Marc
[/sub]

Thanks Guys, sorry a little late but been doing some other stuff as well. The store does seem quite stable at the moment though.

We are still getting the netsky worm detected and removed at the moment, as this was one of the reasons for corruption, due to misconfig'd AV software removing e00.log

Source: MSExchange Transport

Category: Routing Engine/Service

Event ID: 929

Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1728 Process location: C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=Internet SMTP Connector,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN="company name",CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC="company name",DC=,DC= Hr:x Attribute:[]

For that event, the same links come up as how to handle it:

Marc
[/sub]

Looks like its sorted. MS guy advised me to look at the properties of the Internet SMTP connector, and to add the exchange server to the local bridgehead.

Since i did this a couple of days ago, the errors have stopped. Looks like the MS guy came good, although he initially told me to log another call for this issue because it was reporting the location as inetinfo.exe, which was very poor imo

Thanks anyway

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back