Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Public Folders over the internet? WHIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterlegg

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
US
Is there anyway to get exchange public folders (public calendar) shared over the internet without using Exchange web mail or a VPN? Is there some sort of Exchange connector the the outlook client to get this working? Thanks in advance for the help.

You can connect using Outlook with IMAP. On the server side, you have to enable PF's to be syncronized.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Have a look at the shop @ !

Public Folders

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
[/sub]

Is there a special setting I have to do in Exchange 2000 to get IMAP working? When I try to add the mail.mailserver.com address in outlook 2003 as IMAP it doesnt recogonize the server??? What am I doing wrong?

First of all, the user has to have IMAP rigths, and of course rights to the folders.
Second, you need to forward the IMAP ports(s) on the router/firewall to the mailserver.
When open to the net, it is a good idea to modify the default ports and have the users use them, like 443, make it 4443 or something!

Marc
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back