Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange priv.edb database

Status
Not open for further replies.

miles57

MIS
Nov 20, 2002
GB
Hello i need help with shrinking the size of my priv.edb database in exchange 5.5, i have cleared about 6 gig of data off and calculated the file size so i should have 10 gig, but every time i run the offline defrag i still get 15.9 gig as the database file.

i have tired the repair and defrag 3 time but the size doesn't shift

any suggestions ?

Try to type in the path of your database file:

example: Eseutil /d D:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv.edb

have already tried that it runs the defrag and i can even replace the database and have tried creating a new one by renaming the old one but no joy

Did you run the isinteg commands at all? That might help.

leave it for a while and check the 1221 events in the event log and see what white space you've got. probably deleted item retention causing your problem.

thanx for the suggestions, it was a mixture of both i changed the retention to 0 and also run the isinteg till i got 0 error repeoted left it to do the online defrag then did the offline and it's now down the 6 gig

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back