Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange pop3 service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdannan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2003
US
I just started at this company and am trying to get all these bugs sorted out. I've noticed that the pop3 service does not start automatically as it should. It's set to automatic under services.msc but fails to start by itself every time the system is rebooted. I have to manually start the service. Anyone have a clue to what is going on?

Thanks.

Have you checked for any POP3 or Exchange errors or warnings in the Event Viewer? START -> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS -> EVENT VIEWER -> APPLICATION

An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01.

I just went and checked the event viewer and found this.

The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service may not come online if the RootVer registry value is invalid on a server that is running Exchange Server 2003

XADM: Exchange 2000 Services Do Not Start and a "0x80040a01" Error Message Is Logged

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back