Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange/Outlook 2010 - Rules Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vavramidis

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2011
GR
Dear all,

i have this issue in an exchange & Outlook 2010, Win 7 Environment.

When i create a local rule in an outlook client, after a while (random time)it appears unchecked with a red mark saying 'error'.

the rule is like that :

Apply this rule after i send the message
move a copy to the specified folder.(The folder is a public folder on my exchange server.The user has sufficient rights on the folder).

It is a very simple rule...i don't see any reason for the error.

Any ideas on how to make this rule to stay active and without error ?

than you in advance.

Well, given your rule, is the message already moved to the Sent folder from the Outbox, and perhaps you're checking items from the Outbox rather than Sent... and so by the time this rule runs, the message doesn't exist?

Just a guess, anyway, but that's one way I'd look at it... you could start looking perhaps at items in the Sent Folder specifically.

Another method is that (if I remember correctly), there is an option in 2007 and 2010, at least, that allows you to specify where sent items are stored... or maybe that's in some webmail clients, I don't recall.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

If the latter mention (setting) is possible, you won't need a rule at all.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back