Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange on sbs pop3 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcyryl

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2006
GB
I have a sbs running echange and have configured the pop3 connector to download mail. I would like to distribute all mail that comes in to go into all users mailboxes. I have picked "global mailbox" in pop3 settings and exchange downloads the mail fine but does not distribute the mail to any mailbox.
When i use a routing rule to specify 1 mail account the mail is recieved fine.
Is the mail which has been download but not distributed gobne forever? And how can i set up exchange so pop3 mail is distributed to all users mailboxes?

Thanks in advance.

I would set it to download to 1 mailbox and have that mailbox forward to a distribution group which all users are members to. The other email is lost.

Thanks chrisazzi for the points you raised, i shall put those into practice.
You say the mail is lost. is the mail stored in a specific place for a period of time or does exchange delete the mail instantly when i cannot route to a specific address?

You could check the administrator mailbox, or the bad mail folder under the mdbdata folder. how much mail do you think it is?

It is all company email running back a week or so. Maybe looking at upwards of 50 emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back