Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange not delivering and leaving on server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsims

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Probably dead easy to solve but i have no idea what to do. Basically exchange connects to my pop3 box and starts to download mail it delivers mail which is sent to a specific address, but if there is more than one name in the to box or the mail has been addressed to a mailing list it ignores it and leaves it on the pop3 server (hence i end up with a load of messages which wont download).

I want all mail to be taken from the pop3 server and delivered to the correct users mailbox even if they are not the first person in the to list. and any mail which is completely unknown or can not be delivered to a user to be sent to the admin account mailbox. I seem to remember an error about mal formed address popping up aswell at some point in the DOS script window.

TIA

Justin

If you are using Exchange 5.5 it will not work as 5.5 does not 'do' pop3 collections.

Chris.

Is there an external program i can run in the background to solve this ?

Exchange happilly connects to my pop3 mailbox downloads and delivers items with one reciepient its only multi reciepient messages which are an issue !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back