Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange mounting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreks

Technical User
Jul 14, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have built an offline exchange server but am having problems replaying the log files.
I have run eseutil /ML to return the header information from the log files but I receive the error cannot open log file error -1023

Anyone got any ideas, I assume that whatever is stopping me from doing this is also preventing me from performing a soft recovery???

Many thanks

Neil.

Don't know what the problem is, but I would be curious to see what's showing up in the event log.

I think I may have found a possible reason for the error, it also mentions in the error that the path is invalid, and I have just been told (would have been nice to know earlier) that the exchange database is on a second drive E: and the logs are stored on the C: drive, so that is why I am having problems playing the logs because they are hard coded to look for the database on the E: drive and not the c: drive!!!

Lets hope that the solution is to just add a second drive and make it the same, physically as the original!!

Cheers

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back