Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXchange Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhavin78

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2004
I tried more than 5 time to migrate USERS Groups and Directory services using AD migration tooal and AD connector for Directory security.
I successfully migrated users and group
when I try to migrate directory services of exchage 5.5 it does not work for me.
Error 1
SID for associated windows NT account not found
Error 2
4th option in AD connector (connection agreement) is greyed out [disabled].

What's the solution.

I have to move 55 users from NT platform with exchange 5.5 to windows 2003 account with exchange 2003.
Any suggestion on migration

what If I create users and group manually in windows 2003, how can I migrate mailboxes,PF etc from exchange 5.5-2003 (is it possible to do?)

If you have a complicated permissions at multi level hierarchy in Exchange public folders and or NTFS permissions / share permissions in the file system - by recreating the user accounts you will loose them.

" when I try to migrate directory services of exchage 5.5 it does not work for me." If you have already migrated users and groups - what are you missing from the Directory services.

The Exchange 2003 Deployment documentation is quite good and will take you step by step to achieve that.

check this out. This really is good. I have used them couple of times with clients in different scenarios.

when I try to use AD connectior...I get this error
SID associated with the windows NT account does not match

I uninstalled exchange server and uninstalled AD connector. I installed AD connecter on domain controller. Now when I try to run AD connector I get this error. Organization firstmail is not the part of 5.5 organization. firstmail was organization in exchange server which I already unistalled. I still get this error. how to resolve this and succesfully migrated directory services even before I reinstall exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back