Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Message Rejection? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robprince

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I currently have a Exchange 2000 server, sending mail out everywhere is fine except for one company.
this is the error message I recieve

This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator.

<XXXXXX.XXXXX.biz #4.3.2>

This is the only company that I know of that I'm recieving this problem from. Is there a problem on my side or there's?

Thanks for any Help
Rob

Contact the postmaster of XXXXXX.XXXXX.biz and find out what their current administrative policy is.

&quot;current administrative policy by the destination server&quot;
Doesn't &quot;destination server&quot; mean there server denied it?

Rob

Yes, that's why he said to contact their postmaster. Advise him of the exact error so he/she can track the problem/issue on their server. It's being rejected by the recipient's server, not the senders.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Thanks Lander,

It might of been the way I formed the question....

The XXXXXX.XXXXX.biz is my server telling me what happen.

Thanks
Again

Rob

Thanks, but the star should go to xmsre. He answered the question, I just clarified the answer.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

All right guys, we have both Telneted into each other's Exchange servers with no problem's sending e-mail this way.

There Exchange server is 5.5 is there anything I should have them look for specificaly? That is blocking our e-mail's.

There are having problems with a few other clients not being able to e-mail them. But they can e-mail out to everyone.

There Admin is getting a lot of heat over this......

Rob

Some people have blacklisted the entire .biz gTLD because they somehow think that is the best way to fight spam.

This particular destination may be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back