Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Continuous Backup using GRT fails with LOW DISK space

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterg2

Technical User
Apr 24, 2008
GB
I am trying to back up my Exchange system using BEWS 11 7170. I have installed CPS and Exchange Agent on the Exchange 2003 server running Windows Server 2003. The BEWS server is a seperate W2003 server and is also the location of the B2D files - located on a dedicated hd with 140 gb free - only system files on this disk.

I have set up media with 1 hour overwrite protection and a B2D folder with 50 gb max size for backups and 100 max no of backup sets. Allow 1 concurrent op also specified. No other settings checked.

My Exchange backup is set up to run a selection list of the Exchange Information store with Full Backup and Append to media and overwrite if non available selected.

Exchange options set to Full Database and logs, the continuous backup option selected and all the default entries left for Exchange.

The backup is then scheduled to do its first run and appears to be going correctly with img amd bkf files appearing.

Right at the end it fails with a LOW DISK SPACE message on the B2D store. The size of the backup is about 10 gig in total.

Job log has following -

Job ended: 24 April 2008 at 12:58:57
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848f - Insufficient disk space.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33935

The link is not helpful

If I run it without continuous backup checked it is OK.

I have the exact same issue with a client. If I disable the exchange brick layer backup, it runs fine.

Any one have any thoughts?

Cheers! John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back