Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange clustering question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerbieIT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2003
US
I am setting up an Exchange clustered environemnt and I am not too sure on how to set up IIS with a certificate in this kind ov environment..

Any help would be greatly apperciated!!

IIS with a certificate? Are you planning on running OWA in your cluster? If yes, I would stear you away from that. Set-up your mail servers in the cluster and create separate front end sever(s) for OWA. Stick the Front end Server(s) in your DMZ and keep the mail servers protected...

I would have to agree. Set up a FE box and put the certificate there.

Also, don't forget that a cluster does NOTHING to resolve database and TL problems. With a cluster, you still only have a single copy of your databases.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

The reason I didn't go with a FE box is because I have a cluster environment at one location and a stand alone Exchange server in another location. I didn't know how having one FE box would play in that kind of environment...

OWA will work just as well as a FE server as it would if it were on any one of your BE servers. It doesn't care where it is as long as it can communicate with the other servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back