Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Cluster Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacobd

MIS
Jul 16, 2003
US
We have been having some problems with our Exchange Server giving people You do not have permission to perform that operation on this object errors and Operation Failed errors.

Looking through some articles on the internet and in one of the Exchange 2000 books I have, they say that you should not have more than 1500 simulataneous users on the node. Has anyone heard about this? (When we started with the cluster, people have said that we should be OK with the amount of people we are putting on there). Has anyone heard thisor have any experience/thoughts on this?

I run a exchange 2000 cluster at work and have never read anywhere about a 1500 user limit. I heard this about 5.5. But MS reckon you can have up to 10000 users on a 2000 box.

Not very helpful I suppose, but you did ask what Id heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back