Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange BrickLayer Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyThomson

Technical User
Aug 30, 2001
GB
We use the Brick Layer agent to backup individual mailboxes. However, when a new mailbox is created or and old one deleted, the job selection isn't automatically updated. Is this a 'feature' or is there a workaround?

Hello,

I find the only way around this is to go to 'modify job' and expand and detract the brick layer part, this seems to be the only way to refresh it's view. It works for me anyway. It's a bit poor that one has to do this in my opinion.

Paul

In the FAQ they say that if the root of the Individual Mailboxes in Brick level is checked, all under it should be picked up...regardless of tiem of creation. If, however, you've de-selected any...new ones won't be picked up.

Have you de-selected any?

Also if the box is solid green it is considered dynamic underneath, all changes will be backed up dynamically. However is the box is half green then its a snapshot and will therefore keep asking for a mailbox that has been deleted or so.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back