Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange best practice analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2008
US
Hello All,
I m running exchange 2003 sp2.
I ran the exchange best practice analyzer because there are little delays when sending email even within the compnay. it stays in the outbox for about 5-10 seconds then it leaves. i have check anti virus for exchange and that was not our problem...symantec mail security for exchange.
i do get this error when i ran EBPA:

The space for the paging file (4096) is larger than the physical memory (3583). This may affect the system performance. It is recommended to have paging file size equal to the physical memory.

My undrestanding was to set the page file on 2003 min.1.5 X physical and max 3 X physical

can anyone tell me what i should set my page file to???tnx

1x - 1.5x

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

so in my case it should be min 3583 and max 3583 x 1.5?
Also, under perfomance options should it be set to memory progrmas, and process for backgroudn?
Tnx davetoo..i seen your posting a lot on this forum, you are very knowlagble.
tnx again

I know your question was answered but is outlook setup to automatically send emails out when connected. This might not be a memory problem at all. it might be a configuration problem.

Also, under perfomance options should it be set to
memory for progrmas,
process for background

This is under system properties>perforamnce options..same window that you set the page file

For an Exchange 2003 server, MS recommends the paging file be set to 1.05 x the physical memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back