Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Backup problem: The Restore process is already in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdc2001

Instructor
Sep 10, 2001
GB
Getting the following when trying to backup, anyone seen it before:

* server:MSEXCH:IS Non-cluster environment on node PECKHAM.
* server:MSEXCH:IS
* server:MSEXCH:IS Backing up Microsoft Exchange Information Store ...
* server:MSEXCH:IS HrBackupGetDatabaseNames: The Restore process is already in progress.
* server:MSEXCH:IS
* server:MSEXCH:IS svmain.c(930): process_is_backup() = 0xc7ff0004
* server:MSEXCH:IS Exiting with error status -939589628: unknown error -939589628 (0xc7ff0004)

There is no restore running!?!?!
Any Ideas anyone?

I've seen this message before on my exchange system but can't recall what fixed it. The error message numbers(-939589628 (0xc7ff0004)) can be checked at Microsoft's website. Do a search on the errors. Also check with your Exchange admins and perhaps they maybe of help. Check to make sure your Exchange client is configure correctly. Also make sure you are running the right Business Suite Module for the version of Exchange. Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange BSM 2.0 patch 4. Exchange 2000 uses Exchange BSM 3.0. Both of these can be downloaded from Legato's web site. Let me know if you still have problems and I will see what I can do. Thx.

I reported this to Tech Support and they told me it was "interesting"; never heard anything further. I had an NT admin restart the client service on the Exchange cluster and it cleared up by itself (v. 6.1.1 build 238).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back