Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange backup-E8601 agent=dbaexch, ec=1326 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckdog

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have upgraded from arcserve 2000 to brightstor 9.01 including all upgrades, service packs. I have followed the steps to configure the agent for exchange server but continue to get the following error:

E8601 Failed to connect agent. (Agent=dbaexch, EC=1326)

E8601 Failed to connect agent. (Agent=dbaexch, EC=Logon failure: unknown users name

The agent that I configured is called exchagent and I have created the domain account, adding to admin, backup oper, and domain admins groups with the three advance rights (act as part of op sys, logon as service, logon locally). I did the same as above locally on the machine where exchange lives (except for adding to domain admin group). I created the mailbox and gave appropriate permissions for org, site and config. I ran the backup agent for MS exch config on the local machine running exch. Still I can not get the backup routine to run.

I question the above error message indicating the AGENT=dbaexch (that's not the name i gave the agent). Any help would be appreciated - I don't know what to try next.

Here's the specs of the system:
Exchange 5.5 sp4 on nt 4.0 sp6.
brightstor 9.01 w/ latest patches (as of yesterday) on w2k server sp4.
running in mixed Active Directory environment.

Have you added that account to the RPC agent service login? That helped me.

Also login with the service account for any arcserve agent service installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back