Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange and Restores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz1421

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2009
Ok Let me first start of by saying that I am an Exchange novice. This area is definitely not my strong suit and I am the only one working on the project.

Scenario: I have Commvault setup doing backups and now I want to test a restore. In case there is ever a disaster. I am trying to do a restore from one exchange server to another (the other one is a testbed I setup). Anyone willing to help me by telling me the proper steps to take in doing a restore and how to check it if it was done properly?

Oz

How are you doing the backups? As in, are you using Exchange aware iDAs or just the standard File System iDA?

What version of CommVault?

What version of Exchange?

Due to time issues we have been doing a DATABASE back up only, this allows us to run a full every night. For restores we use ex-merge this seems to be our only solution. Mailbox back ups were just taking too long, I am not an expert on exchange either so I would really appreciate another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back