Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange aliases and forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjclarke02

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
AU
Currently ALL mail (*@domain.com) is delivered to the Notes server (notes01).

What I now need to do is move users across in groups to the new exchange server (exch01).

I have used mailsweeper (msap01) to setup an alias so now mail that comes in for e.g. first.last@domain.com to goto first.last@ex.domain.com, only for the first 10 users moving to Exchange.

How do I now setup Exchange to accept first.last@ex.domain.com and to then forward it onto first.last@domain.com mailbox?

What I have got so far...

My smtp connections are as follows:

domain smtp - forward out through notes01.domain.com / bridgehead = exch01 (default smtp server)

I have setup a user as follows:

MailSweeper - greg.clarke@domain.com alias to greg.clarke@ex.domain.com

Exchange - mailbox 'greg clarke', user greg.clarke, email greg.clarke@domain.com
and
mailbox 'ex greg clarke', user test, email greg.clarke@ex.domain.com with a fwd to greg.clarke@domain.com

An outside email receives the following:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.
Greg.Clarke@ex.domain.com
Reporting-MTA: dns;EXCH01.domain.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;msap01.domain.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:57:36 +1100

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Greg

I am assuming you want mail delivered to the exchange box for the migrated users?

Leave mail for domain.com delivering to Notes

Setup mail box on Exchange

In Notes address book set forwarding to first.last@ex.domain.com

Make sure Exchange recipient policy is set to give @ex.domain.com addresses to users

Ensure Notes box can resolve ex.domain.com

Yes I do want mail to goto exchange for say 10 migrated users only.

How do I check / get Notes to resolve ex.domain.com?

thanks

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back