Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Agent Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC

MIS
Mar 27, 2001
EU
Every once in a while I think I have seen/heard/read it all but then I learn otherwise the hard way!

Two win nt 4.0 servers: 1 BDC, 1 Exchange 5.5
Arcserve 2000 installed on the BDC and exchange agent on exchange server. We use a GFS rotation.
The activity log shows no error messages but the status of the job is always "incomplete" Looking closer at the activity log I can see that 0 logs/databases are backed up so i presume that this is the issue.
Checked the exchange services, backup rpc service all up and running.
However, when I do a manual backup of only the exchange server the activity log shows that 2 logs/databases ARE backed up!?!?

Common sence is not so common anymore

Are there no more messages in the log? Usually a backup job will show as "incomplete" because of a "W" warning message. If the log is giving no more detail, why not open up Arcserve server admin and, under job engine, up the detail of reporting in the log?

Iain

There is not a singel error message. All of them are "blue" infomational messages, even the message with the
0 databases/transaction logs written to the tape is blue..

Common sence is not so common anymore

Notes, Warnings and Errors (if your asking about the Job Engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back