Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Agent 9 for Arcserve v9 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomaddmh

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2003
US
Hi all, I need some help!

We have Arcserve 9, and I was finally able to properly configure the agent on the Exchange server.  However, Arcserve on the backup server still cannot connect to the exchange agent.  Here are the errors I get in the activity log:

E8601    Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=\\EXCHANGE\dbaxchg2, EC=Logon failure: unkown user name or bad password.)

E8601    Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=dbaxchg2, EC=1326)

E8601    Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=\\EXCHANGE\dbaxchgis, EC=Logon failure: unkown user name or bad password.)

E8601    Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=dbaxchgis, EC=1326)

I can browse the mailboxes just fine manually through the arcserve server, but for some reason it still won't work through the agent for some reason.  (e.g. when I try to add the server to my list of favorite servers and browse it, it says "Failed to login") Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
Darren

Hi
remove the machine and add it and make sure your are using
the correct password for both Machine and brick level
always use the syntatx Domainname/username

regards
mohamdr

Yes, I've tried all possible username combinations of just username, domain\username, etc... correct password... still not working... any ideas?

I have applied the 9.01 update and keep getting the same problem. I have removed and readded can browes everything via arcserve. any more ideas???

The 1326 error is an authentication errors that comes from Windows. Are you dealing with Exchange 5.5 or 2000 and is it Windows NT4 or 2000 ??.
Sometimes it helps to uninstall the Exchange agent completely and reinstall it with the user that is assigned as THE Exchange Service Account Admin OR to install the agent with the user that stops and starts the Exchange Server services ( in the case this is not the 'local system account')

hope this helps

regards

make sure you've installed the regular arcserve windows agent as well, and for the login info on the arcserve server, make sure you have DOMAIN\USER for the connection to the machine and just USER for the connection to the exchange agent. that's how i solved my problem (finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back