Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange ActiveSync and PPC6700 problems: error 85010006

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer007

Technical User
Feb 16, 2004
CA
I just picked up a PPC6700 and am trying to get it to sync via exchange activesync. I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 machine. Everything looks like it is configured correctly however when I try to sync I get the following error on my PPC:

Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings. Contact you Exchange Server administrator.

Support code: 0x85010006

My Exchange Server has exchange activesync enabled and in Active Directory it is enabled for my account. The only info I've been able to find on this problem is that it may be linked to IIS but I haven't found any solutions posted.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

-Jeremy Neufeld

That document is for Exchange 2000 and Pocket Pc 2002 devices. My server is Exchange 2003 SP2 and my PPC is running WM5.

Unless I'm missing something I doubt that will help.

What we were trying earlier, accessing the OMA folder, should I be able to do that or is the 403.1 error normal?

Yes, you should be able to access that.

Back in the properties of the OMA virtual directory, what Application Pool is it using? Mine's using the DefaultAppPool and always has..

I know when I first got my Exchange server running, I got that same error forever. It's been so long though I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it.

Are you seeing any errors in your event logs that might point out some more info?

I'm using IIS 5 so It's called Application Protection (My IIS 6 server on different box shows pool), I trust this is the same thing. Anyway, It's shows "Medium (Pooled)" The other options are "Low (IIS Process)" and "High (Isolated)

Nope. I'm working on setting up a virtualized exchange 2003 server on windows 2003 for testing. If I can get it to work then I'll just have to rebuild my exchange server. It kind of sucks but I can't figure any other way. Even the ppl at Microsoft don't have a clue. But thanks for all your help in troubleshooting.

Ok. I actually just had to rebuild my certs this morning because I moved my Exchange server to anothe machine over the weekend.

The two certs I copied to my phones are like so:

#1 - cert issued to my member server/new exchange 2003 server

#2 - cert issued to the address mail.mycompany.com

once those two were on the phones, they worked just fine.

Good luck! Hope you like 2003, it's pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back