Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Active Sync and OWA issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCS1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2005
US
Hello,

Until this evening, everything was working perfectly, now I cant access either...Outlook Anywhere does still work. Ive done the usuals...restart, make sure all services are running...yada yada.

On my smartphone, I get the error "Your account in Microsoft Exchange does not have permission to synchronize with your current settings."

When I try to go to OWA, I get HTTP error 404- file or directory not found.

Any ideas?

Did you check IIS?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Check and make sure that "Integrated Authentication" is not selected in the Security properties of the OWA and ActiveSync virtual directories.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Did I check IIS? Sure I did. Did you have something specific in mind?

Shack...I did check to make sure that wasnt happening. It wasnt checked.

Server outage? Anything in event log on server? Any changes to any servers?

Anything changed lately? Did you change any email addresses for users? Is this problem affecting all your users, or just some? What error do you get with OWA? You've only talked about ExchangeActiveSync symptoms.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

The error we get when accessing OWA is HTTP error 404 - file or directory not found.

After speaking with a co worker, he mentioned that he did install .NET Framework 2 SP 1 last night. The initial installation failed, he tried it a second time and it installed properly. After the reboot, things stopped working. I uninstalled the service pack and most of the Exchange services refused to start. I reinstalled and all necessary services are running, but I still have the issue with OWA and Active sync.

It is affecting all users.

thanks for your help...

One more thing....OWA doesnt even from within the local network

Dave - EE needs you to be a member to see the solution. The OP may not want to do that. I know I don't :)

Can you put the salient points in here for him please?

Poster had a problem yesterday: Install of .Net Framework 2.0 seemed to have broken OWA, ActiveSync and EASync.

Suggestions:

1) Make sure all the appropriate vdirs are there in IIS. I'm sure that's the case for the OP.

2) Problem with ActiveSync was resolved by removing and recreating the vdir associated with ActiveSync using PowerShell

3) Run the Test-OutlookWebServices cmdlet to see what sorts of errors you get. This revealed some particular errors that were more troubleshootable.

4) Check the RPC vdir and look at the security settings. Try setting it to Integrated Auth only and restart IIS. It's possible that the .Net Framework update somehow broke Basic Auth...

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Problem was solved by removing and re creating all virtual directories in IIS.

Thanks for your help!

Wow, icky solution. Glad you got it sorted.

Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back