Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCHANGE 55 TO 2003 ODD RECIPIENT PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney2

Technical User
Jun 9, 2003
GB
I have moved my NT4 Exchange 5.5 site onto a Windows 2003 Exchange 2003 platform.

Generally not gone too badly.I've got the 55 & 2003 email servers connected & have been using the AD move mailbox option.

Most went OK, then 2 didn't then 1 did, then another didn't.

Some mailboxes are still on the old server some on the new.

Of the new server mailboxes I have 3 email users who now give

The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=us;a= ;p=xxx yyy ;l=ENFMS104042
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:HUB:CHEMS1

to message sent either from the outside world of from an old server mailbox user.

CHEMS1 is the new 2003 Exchange server
ENFMS1 is the old 55 Exchange server

They can receive emails from other succesfully moved users so I guess the probelm is on how the old exchange server reconises these accounts.

When I did the move mailbox on the 3 bad users it claimed it went OK. When I tried to open Outlook it kept asking for user name & password but would verify it in cntrl panel mail when reentered. I then tried to move the users back the other way which failed. I then deleted their mailboxes (not the user) and then recreated them on in AD Users.

I've had a look at ADSI edit & copied & pasted the HomeMTA from a good EX2003 user.

In summary

ex 2003 mailbox to ex 2003 mailbox OK for all users
Ex 55 mailbox to ex 2003 mailbox OK for all users except 3
of the new ex2003 users.

Help

Same flippen problems. Everyone except three people

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I was opening their mailbox too quickly after moving it. If you leave it a few minutes after it says completed it seems fine.

That ones that didnt work I ended up deleting the exchange account & recreating.

I've had lots of fun since removing the exchange 5.5 server !!Beware of public folder replications after you've moved them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back