Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 vs Exchange 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougnc

Programmer
Sep 2, 2001
US
I'm setting up a home business server consisting of dual 733 pentium with 650 meg of ram. It has to do everything, IIS, terminal server, and exchange.

I've been told exchange 2000 is a real hog, so I've been trying to get 5.5 running. Is this true?

Should I go with exchange 5.5, or exchange 2000?

Thanks!

If you need any of the features of E2K that are not in 5.5, you have your answer. Otherwise, yes, 5.5 uses less system resource than E2K.

How big is you information store going to get and how many Exchange user accounts? Like all Win apps, Exchange loves RAM. If you can put more RAM in this box, do it.

Rich

There's going to be 10 or less mail accounts. I would rather use exchange 2000, because one purpose of this setup is learning. But I don't want exchange 2000 taking up all resources. I'm under the impression that it would.

Thanks!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back