Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Unread Message Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2002
US
I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to...

Is there a way to get a report or a directory export of the recipients container with an attribute set for number of unread messages in the Inbox or Mailbox? I can't seem to find a header attribute for this.

We are doing some account auditing and this would be useful as a flag for accounts that have not been logged into for a long time, with the user possibly being no longer active.

Any ideas would be useful.

Thanks.

Dave

Unread messages are a store attribute, this information is not stored in the directory - this is why you can't find a header attribute for this.

The best you can do is to view the Info store, and see last logon time for each mailbox (which assumes you're not running mailbox manager, or some other software - such as anti-virus - that logs on to mailboxes periodically). This view can be saved to a CSV file with the File menu option.

Unfortunately even backup software will set the last logon field....

Yeah, we are doing brick level backups of the mailboxes, which logs into each mailbox every night. That messes up the last logon attribute.

I'll see what 3rd party tools are available. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back