Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

MIS
Jul 1, 2002
DO
My Exchange server 5.5 is getting slow sometime on the day. Sometime is fast and sometime is slow. We have 4GB RAM, 4 Procesor and EMC Disk. We were working well until last week. We checked for change but not one. We check with perfmon and they say everything OK.

Have Anyone had this problems?

TIA.

Our Exchange server has just slowed down dramatically but it's because we just updated the version of Inoculan on it. Has anything in your environment changed?

Anything had changed. We got support service and they say something about network retransmits, we are working on it.

The performance is Ok in one point of time and slow in other.

what are dsamain, mad, store doing as far as cpu util? is anything spiking? when was the last time your ran the preformence opt? offline defrag? is the online defrag running?

We have within the last 3 weeks and progressively seen this issue degrading. Same thing no known changes to the environment it just started degrading to sometimes taking upto 10 minutes to get logged in.

If the server looks ok in Performance Monitor I would check the networkcards and switches.

I have seen very strange errors on networkcards.

Check for re-transmits and make sure that the network connection is full-duplex.

/johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back