Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 sending external Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJParkinson

Technical User
Apr 11, 2003
GB
Can anyone help!!! I've got to admit I've next to no experience with Macs at all, though I've managed to get a G4 Mac set up on our NT4 Domain & everything is fine there, my problem is with mail.
I can send & receive internal mail & receive external all fine, but a cannot send external mail.
As stated all other set-up seems fine - web browsing, ftp, network shares etc.

(Exchange 5.5 / Mac Mail)

Any ideas anyone?

Andrew

You didn't mention What mail app you're using, like Mail or Entourage (mac version of Outlook). It could be something as simple as having a misnamed stmp server or proxie, or such.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Hi jmgalvin,

We are using Mail, (the standard comes with the OS version).
Using OSX 10.4.7 on a G5

I've checked the SMTP settings they appear correct. Any more ideas?

Check all teh proxie info to make sure it's correct. Look up the setting on one of your pcs and make sure the ones on teh mac are the same.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Hi jmgavlin,

Re-Checked, all settings are ok as far as I can tell.

Under Mail settings it asks for various alternative authentication methods, NTLM, Kerebos, Password etc,
I'm not sure which of these I should be using, but I've tried all of them - no luck with any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back