Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Restored but Infostore doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwichman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
US
Restored a backup (arcserve 2000 online backup). Tape is from another company and i was surprised when restoring it that it didn't restore a pub.edb or pub.pat. It did restore log files, priv.edb, priv.pat, and the other usual files i've grown used to though.

Anyways upon trying to start the info store i get a dialog popup and 2 errors in the app event log:

dialog popup - server specific error code 87

Event ID 1081 - Unable to recover the database because error 0x00000057 occurred after a restore opration

Event ID 5000 Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information store service. Error 0x57

Looking for suggestions. The only thing i found on the MS knowledgbage is something about the registry key "restore in progresss" being wrong for one of the data fields. A "q" was in one of the lines in their example but in mine there is not. nor does following their procedure for that case do anything for me.

I think I got that the other day, and I found an article for it. I don't remember the article, but the fix was:

isinteg -patch

Try that and let me know if it works.

Juan Delagator

Have you loaded the same Exchange SP level that the original server was running?

If not the IS won't start.

jpaf

Yeah after you restore IS and before you start the exchange services, do the "isinteg -patch"

I assume you are trying to restore the IS to a different server. Let me know if it works!

Good luck

Make sure that the organization and site names are exactly as entered on the original machine. If they don't match then you will not be able to start the message database.

If you have access to the registry keys regarding Exchange in Hkey Local Machine from the back up tape, you may need to restore them in addition to having assigned the same name to your new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back