Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
DE
All,

Over the last couple of days I have been having problems with my exchange 5.5 server and I would appreciate any assistance you can give. I am running Exchange 5.5 on a Win2k server in a Windows NT 4.0 Domain. Lately I have had problems every .. Users complain that they can't login to the email server- when I check the server All services are running ect. during this time I was able to login to the exchange server via Outlook Web Access, but not Outlook. The users who logged in before the problem still had access. When I reboot my Exchange server the users have no problem.. Well the problem went from every morinig to twice a day to now none of my users have access and I can't start the IMC (eventID: 4018 MAPI c/n be initialized)

Please HELP!!!!

Have you added any new software to the server? Virus Dat update?

I know what I know and that's all I know.

i would guess that its ad Active Directory problem. You can get utilities from technet.com to look at the AD and ensure its running ok............... Ts

I am in a WinNT 4.0 domain thus not using Active Directory. The problem is when I reboot the server my users can get in for approximately 30 minutes.... during this 30 minutes if they login and don't shutdown outlook they are ok... They can send and rec e-mail, but users trying to login after the 30 minutes are up get an error message that the information store cannot be open. It is always around thirty minutes, and if I reboot my users have another 30-minute window to login. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back