Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5/outlook (inbox says there are messages but can't be seen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbruton

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2004
US
I have an exhange server 5.5 and outlook 2000. The mail counter says there are 6 messages there but when you click on the inbox, nothing appears. This is on one of the computers, the other is doing the same thing to the deleted items folder. These are the only two that are having problems that I know about out of 40pcs. Please help. I even send messages and they arrive in the mail counter but can't be seen on the right, where the emails are listed.

Mike

Have these mailboxes got filters on the view for that folder?

Hi,

I have had this problem in the past. To view these messages I have had to use OWA to view them. The main cause for me was emails marked confidential. If you can see them in OWA then forward them with normal settings to another email box or the same email box and you can see them. Alternatively, you can delete them from OWA.

Messages marked COnfidential can only be seen by the Mailbox Owner through Outlook - mailboxes added as additional mailboxes to the profile have their confidential messages hidden from view. This is by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back