Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 MTA service did not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac3

Technical User
Aug 2, 2002
US
hi to all,

I have a problem with our exchange 5.5. when i starting the MTA service it did not start and the error is "A fatal directory error occurred. Change to the maximum logging level for more details [MTA MAIN BASE 1 15 [16]".

Thanks in advance!

do you have another server in the same site? I had the same problem the other day and all's I did was copy the MTA folder over to the server having the problem and it started back with no promblems. The other way is to restore the directory from back up. Hope this helps.
Dave

What about disk space?

I've experienced same troble; solution was to free some space.

Robert

run optimizer and offline defrag and restart the service..sounds like a disk problem

I have this problem too but i had this issue after moving my exchange database to a new server i did run optimizer to see if the path where okay.

How do you do an offline defrag?

The service on the new server coudnt start and i did a mtacheck to see if there was something corrupted and no error message.

If anyone know what could be the problem let me know

Thanks a lot to all of you. It helps to me a lot. My exchange is now working.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back