Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Migration, somethings wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstorm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
US
Last week we did an Exchange 5.5 migration to a new machine, and a new exchange site. The first thing we did was install Exchange 5.5 on the new server, which was created in the new Exchange site. Next, we moved the old Exchange server to the new exchange site. Finally, we moved all the mailboxes from the old server to the new server, and then took the old server offline completely.

Well, here's the problem..The new server works "H2", but when I pull up Exchange administrator it still shows "H1" (the old server) as well. Inside H1 there are no mailboxes, but under mailbox resources and logons they are still logging information like something is in use. The biggest problem is if I try to delete H1 I get the error message: "You cannot delete the Microsoft Exchange Server computer 'H1' because it is still active. Shut the server down and then try again"

Any ideas?????

I put the old server back online, and even though it's exchange database couldn't start up I just connected to the database on the new server, and then it allowed me to delete the old server. Hmmm, kinda weird but at least it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back