Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Mailbox size utltity???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notaro

MIS
May 21, 2002
US
I'm looking for a utility that will let me see not only the total MB in each users mailbox (which I can get in Exchange admin, I know) but how many MB they have in each folder (inbox, journal, delete items, etc)

This way we can see that user A's mailbox is full becuase their delete items is taking up a lot of space for example. Also it would be nice to see how much space is being taken up by attachments but I'm not greedy.

Does such a utility exist or is there a way to so this???

You can do sub folder checking at the users desk in Outlook 2000. I don't know of a server based one though.

Yea, I know about that. I really need a server tool.

I'm bumping my own post in hopes of getting an answer

I will include myself in this post because I would love to know if there is something out there as well. I have not heard of any 3rd party software that can do this

In Microsoft Outlook, add that user mailbox under the Microsoft Exchange service, then right-click on the mailbox and hit properties. Under the Advanced button you will see another option for folder size. This lists the total mailbox size as well as the size of all subfolders.

Eabrodie,

You have me lost. Did exactly as you instructed in outlook and I have no idea where you see the total mailbox size

Eabrodie,

Disregard my last note. I can see what you are talking about now.

Excellent Tip. This post is a good example of why it's always beneficial to browse before posting.

-r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back