Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2003
US
Just rebuilt a 5.5 server on W2K server and in a W2K Active Directory domain and everything seems to be running fine as far and internal mail routing and Outbound mail via IMS.

My main problem is that I have not been able to receive ANY inbound internet based mail. I am really suspecting an internal DNS problem having to do with my external MX record (which resolves fine externally)not being able to resolve into my internal NAT network and to my fixed 10.x.x.4 mail server.

I suck at DNS config so if anybody has any tips on how to make mail start routing internally, I am all ears! Also, are there any other obscure settings that I may have missed on IMS that would cause inbound mail to bounce?

Any tips would be appreciated.

B

On your routing tab in the Internet Mail Service, do you have your domain listed on the Inbound?

delete the Internet Mail Service from the connections and reinstall in without any special setting. configure it to route mail to a specific IP address instead of using stupid DNS to help. on the routing tab select "Reroute incoming SMTP mail". If your domain is not listed in the box below select ADD and configure as inbound...............

To Bryferreira,
If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to setup your mail internal routing.

I am very very new to exchange server.

Thanks,

Shady

Don't really understand your question?? I really didn't have to do anything for internal mail. It's all handled via NT authentification for my internal users and my external users use OWA with NT auth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back