Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 IMS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktaton

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2002
US
Greatings to all,

Our Exchange 5.5 IMS server died and I built another server. When I triy to delete the old IMS connector, I get "RPC server is unavaillable" error message.
When I tried to install a new connector without deleting the old connector, it returned "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" error. Any Ideas? Thank you.

hi,

There may be multiple causes for this error.

1. The system date is incorrect and set to a year beyond 2038.
2. Anti-virus software was installed before the Exchange Server installation.
3. A later version of Web browser than the version that ships with Windows NT 4.0 is not installed.
4. You are not logged in using the Exchange Server service account.

WORKAROUND

To work around the problem:

Change the system date to the correct date and time, and re-run Setup.For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 154595 XADM: Directory Won't Start if System Date Later Than 2038

For many of these cases, disabling the anti-virus services is not sufficient. In those instances, an unistall of the anti-virus software is necessary. Perform the upgrade or installation. Reinstall the anti-virus software after installation.

regards,

umang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back