Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Backup of Users Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Ran a successful test backup of the Exchange Brick Level apart from the fact that I am receiving a further error E8602 for 4 users mailboxes. They are Shirley Short (Inbox), Sarah King (Inbox), Jayne Clark (Inbox) and Cheryl Waring (Deleted Items). Checked the dbaxchg2.log for errors; ERROR: MAPI System error: QueryAllRows() return [80004005]. ERROR: ExchCollectMessageDetail () return [2]. FAILED: Backup one message errorcode [2]. ERROR Exch Exchange Agent (402) "Exchange System Error".

Doesn't anybody understand the above error message and how I can resolve this?

Many Thanks

Phil Booth

hi

u must use isinteg and defrag your Exchange and the mapi error u get from Outlook 2000. This mailclient is not supported from Exchange (MICISOFT)

Hi sekoe

Do you mean all these users ( Shirley Short (Inbox), Sarah King (Inbox), Jayne Clark (Inbox) and Cheryl Waring (Deleted Items)) are not supported from Exchange?

Could you explaine? I have same error and there are only few users get this error but not the rest. They are all Outlook 2000 clients.

Thanks

Oops! I misunderstood you, sekoe. Yes, Outlook 2000 client is not supported for backing up Exchange Server.

Arcserve 6.61 now backing up the mailboxes of Shirley Short and Cheryl Waring, I haven't done anything that would have enabled this?? But still not backing up Sarah King's and Jayne Clark's inboxes. Checked the mailbox sizes of Sarah King and Jayne Clark, they are 31,444 Kb (items 291) (Sarah) and 168 Kb (items 12). I have just run a test backup of the inboxes of the 2 said users, it is now backing up Jayne Clark's but not Sarah King's???? The same error message is appearing E8602 Failed to read from database Sarah King\Inbox EC=EXCH Exchange Agent (402) 'Exchange system error'. So if everybody else's mailboxes are backing up fine why not this one?? Is it a permissions problem (Checked permissions)?? Any help greatly appreciated.

Sounds like mailbox corruption.....
Two words :)

Isinteg and edbutil.

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back