Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 web component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrit

MIS
Nov 9, 1999
CA
Hi guys,<br><br>I have Exchange 5.5 installed on a NT box, that also has Proxy 2.0.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, this box is connected to the internet. I'm trying to get the Outlook 2000 web component to work through Internet Explorer,&nbsp;&nbsp;and have been succesful so far in making it work internally, with the path:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> can't get to the site externally, and my guess is that Proxy is blocking access to the Outlook web Component.<br><br>My question is what I need to do, on either proxy, exchange or both,&nbsp;&nbsp;to be able to access the Outlook 2000 web component from the outside.<br><br>Thanks.

Further notes:<br><br>when accesing it externally, the path i use is <br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> exchange server has an internet IP. <br>Whereas the domain.com is hosted on a virtual webserver by the ISP.&nbsp;&nbsp;That is why,&nbsp;&nbsp;to hit the Exchange Server,&nbsp;&nbsp;i must use the above path.<br><br>Thanks

Can you try to connect with the IP address ...<br><br>put like this: IPAdress/exchange<br><br>Supose your ipaddress is 10.0.0.1 what cannot be because it is not an public ipaddress put this:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> to try if it works ...<br> <p>José Mealha<br><a href=mailto:jose.mealha@algardata.pt>jose.mealha@algardata.pt</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back