Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 and Daylight Savings Time 2007 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITfromZX81

Programmer
May 18, 2004
CA
Hi all,

Is there any kind of workaround for Exchange 5.5 and Daylight Savings Time 2007 that is going to come along in the near future?

I know there is a hotfix available for people with extended support, but what if you don't have this? Can you pay a one time fee to Microsoft for the hotfix or will they not do this? Is there any way around this issue(other than upgrading to Exchange 2003)? What are the ramifications of not fixing this issue?

Thanks,

You are right ... dst only messes up the OWA calendar times, not OWA's ability to send/receive email, etc.

Guess's:

1. Did you patch the OS on the OWA server? I patched the OS on exchange 5.5 servers and OWA server.

Is your OWA on a separate server? mine is ... make sure all dns is good ... go to command prompt and try pinging the mail server by name, and vice-versa, etc.

Here are some support sites:

Hope that helps,
RWS

OWA is on another server. I have not patched anything other than some of the clients and none of the servers as I assumed the volunteer work too late to effect much other than changing passwords, otherwise securing the network, and learning what an undocumented chore I'm up against. So I have some work to do and your suggestions and links are appreciated. Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back