Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

A15

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2002
US
I have 2 NT servers, My exchange server is running on the BDC.
i installed the administration software on my PDC.
my problem is that my Exchange server is SP4 but my admin software (on the PDC) is SP2.

HOw can I upgrade the admin software???

I have tried to download the SP4 but it does not recognize any Exchane componants on my PDC....

I can connect with the admin software to the Exchange server
but sometimes i get really strange errors...

Thanks for anyhelp

You will need to apply the Exchange service pack to the PDC, it will update the admin components...

Did you actually install the Admin component on the PDC? Or are you attempting to run the Admin utility (the program itself) over the network like say via a shortcut to the BDC? (Obviously you are attempting to administer the Exchange server via the network.)

I don't recall if SP3 is required for SP4 installation or not, that's something to check.

Without knowing more about your errors I can't more than that.

well i have the admin componant both on the PDC and on the BDC ( where the exchange server is) and i can work with the remote installation of the admin componant BUT when i try for example to add a user on the PDC it automatecly opens the Exchange admin software for the mailbox settings but when i try to save the mailbox it crashes down with a strange error (note: i can open the admin software manually and create the mailbox from the remote computer...)

You'll have to provide more details than "strange error". My "jiggy whutz" doesn't work either.

On your PDC, the User Manager for Domains has an "Exchange" option on the toolbar. I would remove the options to auto create and delete accounts when doing so with domain users.

This will get rid of your error. But you will have to add the mailbox manually.

Outside of a Microsoft issue, there may be a communication issue between the PDC and BDC that is not allowing the saving of the mailbox.

I have had isses with the "Exchange add-in" to the User Manager, I've disabled the options here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back