Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2K - OWA outside of the LAN not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGJR

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2002
US
Everything on my Exchange 2000 (and Web) server is working OK - however, when I try to connect to OWA outside of our LAN, it doesnt load completely. I get the logon prompt, then it appears like the page is loading... (the status bar states that it is "Opening page - it even loads the divider pane) But, then it stops and I get the white pages with the message that "The page cannot be displayed" in both sides of the pane/frames?

Some additional info: When I am in the LAN, 1) I can type in my URL 2) I then get the logon prompt, so I put in my username/password/domain... 3) Then OWA starts to load the panes .. BUT then I get another logon prompt (and I see that OWA is now redirecting to a 192.168.X.X internal IP) - Then OWA loads no problem. (in the LAN)

This happens for all users, both with administrative and user rights. I have read quite a few other messages, however, & nothing appears to match this one?

Any help is really appreciated.
mgjr

Please try to remove Exchfilt from the isapi filter in IIS Properties of the Default Website.

ive had this problem as well. if you hear how to fx it please let me know.

Many thanks

Thanks for the suggestion noeleon. I removed the reference to the isapi filter, however the problem is still ongoing. I am still working it and as soon as I get it fixed, I will post what did it.

I believe you may be having a problem accessing the WebDAV extensions through your firewall. We had this problem when we first went to Exchange 2000 and OWA. The only resolution we could find wast to use SSL (https) to access the OWA Server. SSL passes through the firewall without the extensive protocol analysis that was not allowing the extended WebDAV to work.

Also, we did find that the OWA would work with Netscape or old version of IE (I belive prior to 5).

Good Luck Dan

Thanks for the info Dan. Our problem is still ongoing - however, It sure does work with Netscape 6.2! Isnt that ironic.

Do you have a Public Store on this server? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Xybertron, Yes we do have a public store.

Xybertron, Yes we do have a public store.

What do you seen in the W3SVC1 (directory) Logs? Look at the newest one. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Xybertron - sorry for the late reply. I do have the w3svc1 log - and it does show that it is trying to GET /exchange/username/inbox cmd=contents 200 mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;Windows+NT+5.0;+NET+CLR+1.0.3705) and it ends there. (It doesnt load up the entire webpage.)

Thanks again for any help
MGJR

Dan,

Do the OWA users still need log on locally acces? I've put people in the group (though not sure if that group is allowed to log on locally as I brought that group over from old server!).

Some people can get in, some can't - no rhyme or reason to it.

Have noticed that going by IP will fail, going by FQDN works for some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back