Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2k in a different routing group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2001
US
I have Exchange 2k in mixed mode. Can I add another exchange 2k server in a different routing group? I don't want the users viewing the other server's GAL. The exchange servers are in the same domain.

Thanks for your help.......

Dan, is there a way to setup the second exchange server in a different organization? It was easy with exchange 5.5.

One Org (Forest) per AD Forest. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

I set permissions on the address lists and it is working. However, the users can view the distribution groups on both servers. Can I restrict which distribution groups are displayed on the two server's? Can it be done with a policy?

Thanks

I found out how to restrict the distribution groups for each server.

I do have one more question. How can I set a different domain name for some users? I would like to have some users with @domain.com and others with @sales.domain.com. I know it can be set in a exchange policy but it's not applying the changes to the current users or new users. By the way, my Exchange server is in native mode now.

Setup a policy :)

Is it stamping the users at all? Higher policies stamp. Is this the highest policy that would affect the users? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

It is working now. I had two conflicting policys.

Thanks,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back