Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2013 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snotty54

Technical User
Jun 28, 2010
KY
Hi Shack:

Any news on when the first major upgrade to Exc2013 is coming? I see WinSer12 is coming out with R2.

Scott

It's already out. You can install Exchange 2013 on Windows 2012 and you can migrate from Exchange 2007/2010 to it. No direct migration from Exchange 2003 though--that requires an initial migration to 2010 and then another to 2013 to get there.

I'm doing a lot more migrations to Office365 than I'm doing migrations to Exchange 2013 on-premises though.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Hi Shack,

That's good news. I'll take a look at that over vacation, starting Monday. I'm visiting some life long friends who live in Sun Valley but are originally from Gig Harbor, small world huh?

One of the telecoms serving our area is rolling out fiber in our area in October and I'll be moving from 3mb down and 350k-500k up to 16mb down and 4mb up, which will allow me to make much better use of the server. When that happens I'm going to migrate.

I'll pm you over the weekend regarding it.

Thanks,

Scott

I'd love to see Exchange 2013 SP1, but so far we have CU2 (Cumulative Update 2). I hear that CU3 will be delayed, which means that it's too early for a Service Pack 1. Cumulative Updates should be released quarterly, but the last one (CU2) has been a withdrawn and re-released (version 2) due to PF permissions bug.

I find issues on the client side - after moving the mailboxes (there is a hotfix for Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013), and after moving the Public Folders (again, there is a hotfix for O 2007, 2010 and 2013 - the last one has been withdrawn due to issues).

Bottom line, make sure the Outlook clients are updated to the latest SP and RU plus hotfixes.

Dean

chat-on-dean.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back