Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazzam1

MIS
May 25, 2006
US
on a windows 2008 R2 with exchange 2010 I have installed all the prerequisites

2007 Office System Converter

Import-Module ServerManager

Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework,RSAT-ADDS,Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dyn-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,RPC-Over-HTTP-Proxy -Restart

Set-Service NetTcpPortSharing -StartupType Automatic

After I try to install exchange 2010 I get this following message:

exchange 2010 hub transport role prerequisites warning setup cannot detect an smtp or send connector with the address space of "*". Mail flow to the internet may not work properly.

Lot of information for exchange 2007 on Google but nothing on 2010. I have successfully installed 2007 couple of years ago have installed 2010 for another company with no problem this a third organization I am installing that I am running inti some errors.

any suggestion or support is appreciated:
tony

That's normal, because a Send Connector for Internet is not configured automatically. That's a post installation configuration step.

And there is a TON of info on 2010 online.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

thanks so much for the fast response as I mentioned have installed 2010 for two other orgs. so don't understand why this one came up with this message.

There is no default Internet based Send Connector. However, if you're migrating from legacy versions where there IS a connector, then you don't get that message.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Hope I can explain this/?

after configuring the new exchange server I see that there is another database that is unknown and it not mounted how do I go about and removing this database? there are also attributes that are associated with this database as well. The new database is mounted and the mailbox server is xserv which is the correct one.

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php
Thanks again: here is the info you requested I need to some how remove irv-exch how can I send you a screen shots?

Name Server Recovery ReplicationType
---- ------ -------- ---------------
MBEX2K10 IRV-EXCH False None
NEWMB XSERV False None

created one server irv-exch installed exchange had an issue with the server. (these are all in w2k8 R2 hyper-v), so reinstalled from scratch meaning reformat reinstall OS this time needed to name the server xserv so here we are.

Okay, well you need to clean that up. The supported method is to reinstall the server with the /recoverserver switch, then cleanly uninstall.

An unsupport method is to use adsiedit and go to Configuration>Services>Microsoft Exchange>[Your Organization]>Administrative Group>Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)>Servers
and remove the server that is no longer available. Then you'll need to go to
Configuration>Services>Microsoft Exchange>[Your Organization]>Administrative Group>Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)>Databases
and remove the missing database.

But I'd do the first one - even spin it up in a VM just to do it correctly.

Pat Richard MVP

I rather do it right since this will cost my job if it is not done right ;o). If you could be kind enough could you give me a detail instructions on how to perform the supported version.

once again thanks,
tony

Install Exchange using the /recoverserver switch

Once it's installed, go to Control Panel>Uninstall Programs, select Exchange and remove it.

Pat Richard MVP

BTW what do you mean by this comment?

even spin it up in a VM just to do it correctly.

The goal is to reinstall the "missing" server so that you can cleanly uninstall it. So, you could install it as a VM guest, then remove it.

If you have a "working" Exchange server, leave that alone. You're not worried about this at this point. The idea is to get rid of the bad info in AD.

Pat Richard MVP

Everything went fine till I got this message!!

By continuing the installation process, you agree to the license terms of
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. If you don't accept these license terms,
please cancel the installation. To review these license terms, please go to

Press any key to cancel setup................
No key presses were detected. Setup will continue.
Preparing Exchange Setup

Copying Setup Files ......................... COMPLETED

The following server roles will be recovered
Languages
Hub Transport Role
Client Access Role
Mailbox Role
Management Tools

Performing Microsoft Exchange Server Prerequisite Check

Language Pack Checks ......................... COMPLETED
Hub Transport Role Checks ......................... COMPLETED
Setup cannot detect an SMTP or Send connector with an address space of '*'. Mai
l flow to the Internet may not work properly.
Client Access Role Checks ......................... COMPLETED
Mailbox Role Checks ......................... COMPLETED

Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server

Preparing Setup ......................... COMPLETED
Stopping Services ......................... COMPLETED
Copying Exchange Files ......................... COMPLETED
Language Files ......................... COMPLETED
Restoring Services ......................... COMPLETED
Languages ......................... COMPLETED
Hub Transport Server Role ......................... FAILED
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear(); if ($exsSid -eq $nu
ll -or $exsSid -eq "") { $exsSid = get-ExchangeServerGroupSID -DomainController
$RoleDomainController } start-setupservice -ServiceName MSExchangeADTopology -Se
rviceParameters $exsSid,$RoleDomainController" was run: "Service 'MSExchangeADTo
pology' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server.".

The Exchange Server setup operation did not complete. Visit soft.com and enter the Error ID to find more information.

Exchange Server setup encountered an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back