Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2010 RTM! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all your help.
I'll investigate in that link, and find a proper solution for me.

58Sniper said:-

You're looking at it wrong. If you have two servers, why not use them all of the time instead of just during a failure? Load balancing makes sense. If you need to take one down for maintenance, or if one fails, you're still using the other. And - each only has to deal with 1/2 the load when both are online.

However

If they are in different sites then I wouldn't want load balancing so could I have just 2 servers running SCR with all mail flowing through the live site and the DR site only used if we lose the live server. I assume both servers would have to run CAS. Am I on the right track?

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

There is no SCR in 2010. You could have passive copies of databases, yes. But the notion of SCR/LCR/CCR is gone.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

OK thanks.

Can someone give me a guide how to setup a exchange 2010 machine into an organization that already has an exchange 2003 server in place ?

We want for now to keep our 2003 as the real email server and the 2010 for testing.

So the exchange 2003 must stay for a while.

Can you also give me a procedure from what to do if we finaly going to remove the 2003 and go to the 2010.

Thanx

Thanks for the link, one question see the following:-

Regardless of their geographic location relative to other DAG members, each member of the DAG must have round trip network latency greater than 250 milliseconds (ms) between each other member.

Surely this should be latency LESS than 250ms?

Nicolaas1 - why not just build it out virtualized for testing? Giving you the steps here would be quite lengthy, and outside the scope of this thread.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back