Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2010 migration to Exchange 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpell

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2013
US
I have Exchange 2010 installed in Site A, Exchange 2013 installed in Site B. my problem is that I can't get mail to route between the two Exchange Servers. I have the default connectors in 2013 and 2010 no changes. I look in my Queue and I get SMTP Relay to Mailbox Delivery Group and Failed Exchange Server Authentication.

Are these two different Exchange sites?
Does this mean that the same users do not exist on each site and how exactly are you performing this migration?
I usually just install exchange 2013 to the Exchange 2010 site and move the mailboxes over.

sircles.net Support - find us at:
Henley-on-Thames Computer Support

Do both servers have public certs installed? Can you try setting up a unique receive connector on each server for the other server's IP and specify it to allow Exchange Servers (permissions) and Externally Secured (auth)? That might keep either side from having to authenticate with the other.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back