Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2007, mailboxes list from old server after move 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordine

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2008
US
After Migrating from Server2003 to 2007 using Move-Mailbox -NTAccountOU then updating with -AllowMerge the Server of the mailbox is listed as the old server even though it is working from the new. So far the only thing I can tell that this has broken is owa. I get the "OWA cannot find a mailbox for <user> on <mailserver\domain>" message. The users that are listed as located on the new mail server can access owa. I need owa. Is there a way to fake a Move-mailbox to list as the correct location?

I would try doing another move mailbox operation, moving all mailboxes to the same storage group, and seeing if the process corrects some settings:

get-mailbox | Move-Mailbox -TargetDatabase "Exch07\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" > c:\mailmovelog.txt

If that doesn't work, maybe a set-mailbox operation could be used to fix the property value.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the Move again and it errored. CAnnot be moved because the target mailbox already exists. Tells me to use AllowMerge <haha>. I will attemt to decipher set-mailbox tomorrow. Again thank you.

Just as an update, I did try the -AllowMerge again with no change. Server is still listed as the old server. I have not been able to locate which command will allow me to change the listed server name.

The Error I was getting from OWA was one I have found all over the internet, but was unable to use any solution provided to fix it. When I tried to log into OWA I received a screen that said:

Outlook Web Access could not find a mailbox for EXCHANGE0\IUSR_HOST. If the problem continues, contact technical support for your organization and tell them the following: The mailbox may be stored on a Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Microsoft Exchange 2003 server, or the Active Directory user account was created recently and has not yet replicated to the Active Directory site where this Client Access server is hosted.

As you can read above, I found that my ServerName was the old server that I had migrated from. OWA would not log me, or any oof my users, in because there was no mailbox on that server according to the server name.

What solved my problem was to disable the mailbox then re-connect it. After connecting, my server was listed as the correct servername and I am able to log onto OWA.

I hope this will help someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back