Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2007 Hub transpoirt cannot send email to exchange 2003 server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

haonn

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
VN
Dear all,

I am setup a coexist Exchange 2007 with exchange 2003. I have a problem with mail routing from exchange 2007 to exchange 2003 servers. All mails are queued on Exchange 2007 hub and it shows that Authentication Unsucessfull.

Mail can send from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 or between exchange 2007 users.

Please advise,
Thanks in advanced,

Hi Zelandakh,

Thanks for your quick response,

I allowed anonymous auth on the receive connector of exchange 2007 servers, but it still doesn't work. I am able to send from exchange 2007 server to exchange 2003 with telnet port 25 on command line.

Please help,

Hi Zelandakh,

I did not receive any error when telnet port 25,
on exchange 2007: telnet exchange2003_server 25
and the email reached exchange 2003 user mailbox.

Thanks,

ok so you can send manually from E2007 but not via the connector. What does event log say?

Hi Zelandakh,

Unluckily, I could not find any error in event log on exchange 2007 or exchange 2003 server.

I just found the below message on Queue viewer
"535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful. Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed"

I tried to check "Integrated Windows Authentication" on Virtual SMTP server on Exchange 2003 server, but it still cannot help.

Thanks for your advices,

Hi,

I did not use smarthost in this connector, It is not an internet connector. I just would like to use this connector to send email to exchange 2003.

Thanks,

Hi,

I got these error when enabled logging on Exchange 2003 server.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event
Category: SMTP Protocol
Event ID: 1706
Description:
EXPS is temporarily unable to provide protocol security with
"<ServerName>.<Domain>.com". "CSessionContext::OnEXPSInNegotiate" called
"HrServerNegotiateAuth" which failed with error code 0x8009030c
( i:\transmt\src\smtpsink\exps\expslib\context.cpp@1462 ).
Data: 0000:
0c 03 09 80

In Exchange Management Console, look at server configuration/hub transport and check the receive connectors.

Or more simply, enable message tracking logs on the Exchange 2003 for the mstransport services and then on 2007, run the mailflow troubleshooting wizard.

Looks like this is more of an issue with the routing connector between the two Administrative groups, and the failure to secure communication for that connector.

Are the servers in the same org, or did you set up the Exchange 2007 server in its own separate organization?

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Hi Dave,

I only have one domain and the exchange 2007 server is in the same domain, site with my current exchange 2003 server.

Thanks in advanced,
Hao

Have you installed SP1 on the E2007 server? I had a friend with a similar issue and he went through all sorts of things, replacing certs, etc, and it was SP1 that finally resolved it...

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

The problem is not with the routing group connectors...

To fix this you need to go to the properties of the SMTP virtual server on the 2003 box, go to the authentication tab, and check the box for "integrated windows authentication."

Stop and start the virtual server on the 2003 box and test.

I had the same exact problem :) Let me know how you make out.

-Will

i see you say you did this already... however make sure you stop and start the connector before testing. May want to stop and start the SMTP service on the 2003 box to be safe. Those changes will not stick until you do so...

Hi all,

Thank you all for your help,

I resolved it yesterday, installed SP1 and checked the "integrated windows authentication" on Exchange 2003 Virtual SMTP server.

Thanks again,
Hao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back