Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2007 certificate will expire after 2 weeks how to renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haniis

Programmer
May 29, 2008
JO
Hello,
I have Exchange 2007 and will expire after 2 weeks how to renewal the certificate for 1 year.

Dear Friend,
I need to slove this problem, please any idea.

Well, Pat's link gives you a lot of hits, the third one down looks promising.

so do you mean that I need a third party certificate.

We don't know. You haven't told us what you have, anything about your environment, what you want to achieve or any other details.

We have given you a link to a bunch of sites that will resolve your problem but you don't appear to have looked at any of them.

You don't appear to be learning or growing.

Simon Butler is a fellow MVP with myself and Pat and is the acknowledged world expert on certificates. is one of the top hits on the link Pat gave you.

I strongly urge you to read it.

You could try the following:

To check full cert details use:

get-exchangecertificate | fl *

Create a new certificate using the thumbprint of the existing cert:

[PS] C:\ps>get-exchangecertificate -thumbprint 4D8CEA2AE062D9C6CDBE24BEE7B7814333F6D894 | new-exchangecertificate

Remove the old cert:

[PS] C:\ps>remove-exchangecertificate -Thumbprint 4D8CEA2AE062D9C6CDBE24BEE7B7814423F6D894

Recycle Transport service and check event log for config change applied ok.

FYI - that will replace the first certificate it finds. If you are in a multi server environment, be careful. Check with get-exchangecertificate first to verify which one you need.

Obviously that thumbprint is snella's own stamp for his cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back