Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2007 CAS 2003 Back end OWA Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjay653

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
GB
Good Afternoon All,

We are currently migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and as a first step we're rolling out a CAS server on Server 2008

Everything has been installed, but we appear to have an issue

If we go to which directs us to the Exchange 2003 mailboxes, and use the OWA Light access client, it appears to work

If we go to which directs us to the Exchange 2003 mailboxes, and use the full OWA client, we end up with a Loading message where the Messages should be

I've tried changing security on the CAS server, as per MS bulletin 280823, however, I'm wondering if I'm changing the correct thing. In the bulletin it states "...basic authentication has been configured on the /exchange, /public, and /exchweb virtual directories in IIS on the Client Access Server."

However, I can't modify these directories via IIS on the CAS server, as anytime I try it I recieve an error

Windows cannot find ‘MBX’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

When I click OK, I get:

The system cannot find the file specified

Is this actually referring to the Outlook Web Access module, within Client Access in the Exchange Management Console, as I've changed permissions there without any luck

Can anyone advise:

Does the MBX error mean that there is an issue between the two servers?

CAS runs .net 2.0 and the Back end is running on .net 1.1. Should these both be running .net v2.0?

TIA
Mj

Resolved.

At some point in the past, the back end had had KB924334 installed, but the folder associated with that \exchweb\6.5.7651.60 was missing.

Copied the folder from a working 2003 front end server and it resolved the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back